Everyone has a story to tell, but some organizations need help finding someone to tell it. We have a close working relationship with a variety of talented authors across the country. We will match your project with an author who understands who you are and how to best tell your story.
- Local authors may be available
- Interested authors may inquire here.
Immediately upon entering an agreement with Donning, an editor will be assigned to your book project. With years of experience, our professional editors can assist you in organizing your manuscript.
- Organize photos and manuscript for design
- Edit copy for punctuation, capitalization, spelling, grammar, consistency, and readability
- Proofread all text and make corrections
- Register manuscript for Cataloguing-in-Publication-Data with the Library of Congress
Once your book is professionally edited and organized, it is moved to the design department of Donning. Our award-winning team works personally with our customers to ensure they receive the book they envision.
- Design layout of the entire book
- Provide sample pages to client for approval
- Complete book design and make corrections as needed
- Submit the book to manufacturer for printing and binding
The Donning Company is the wholly owned subsidiary of Walsworth Publishing Company, a family-owned and managed company. All Donning books are produced at the Walsworth printing facility located in north central Missouri. At this location your publication is printed using state-of-the-art printing and binding equipment. This allows us to have a wide variety of print services.
The finishing, binding and cover options we offer result in high-caliber books. Our book finishing options include:
- Multi-piece Assembly
- Shape Cutting
Our manufacturing platform allows for a full range of binding styles. We will help you match binding type to your project’s plan and budget. Our book binding options include:
- Hard Cover
- Soft Cover
- Split Quantities of Hard and Soft Cover
- Smyth Sewn
- PUR Adhesive
- Saddle Stitch
- Mechanical Binding
- Plastic Coil
- Double Wire-O
- Foldouts, Tabs and Inserts
Working with a range of decorative applications, our creative and technical team constructs award-winning specality book covers. Our cover options include:
- Hot Foil Stamping
- Silk Screening
- Three Piece Cases
- Dust Jackets
Our marketing team works personally with each Donning client to develop and implement a publication marketing campaign and ensures your volume is a success. Each customer is provided with a marketing guide to help customers plan out their marketing strategy.
- Develop and distribute press releases to media contacts
- Provide artwork for promotional pieces
- Support your marketing effort throughout the entire life of the book
Understanding distribution channels is essential to your project. Our experts can ensure you have books delivered in a way that suits your needs.
- Mail list and co-mail technologies will streamline your mailing, resulting in predictive postage savings and maximized response rates.
- Centralized location and strong carrier base allow us to offer reliable transportation management.
- Mail services include packaging, labeling, shipping and billing.
- Know when your catalog gets delivered to the Post Office with reports that tell you when it goes into the mail stream.
- With USPS Planet Codes, we can identify where your mail is within the postal system.
- We provide electronic confirmation of delivery for all bound printed parcels over 3/4″ and signature confirmation for individual delivery.
Leave a Reply